Saturday, April 30, 2011

Day #1 of the juice fast...


So the first day I started my fast was Thursday, April 28th, 2011.  I began my day with Raspberry Leaf Tea sweetened with Honey.  My next "meal" was 5 Carrots & 2 Apples juiced with a Champion Juicer.  Jay suggests you juice your vegetables because you can consume more that way than you could if you had to eat them regularly.  In other words, he suggests you juice your vegetables and eat your fruit.  He says that there are very few fruits that go well with vegetables so far, he has mentioned Apples and Cantaloupe, but Don said he has read that Pineapple can digest well with vegetables too.

In the tapes I've been listening to Jay suggested also taking Unsaturated Amino Fatty Acids to help break up fat and cellulite, so I take Coconut Oil in gel capsules in addition to Bee Pollen with every "meal."

He also recommends eliminating all animal products - this is going to be a hard one for me, but I'd rater eat more selectively as a skinny person than eat what I want as a fat one!

My next meal was 3 Carrots, 1/2 of a Beet and 1 Apple - not my favorite, so I drank it fast.

Then, because it was date night, I ate Chicken Pot-Stickers and a few small pieces of chocolate.  Not exactly helpful to losing weight, but I don't want to be too stringent and end up giving up and binging!

No comments:

Post a Comment